Pleased to be able to share the cover of my forthcoming book Shakespearean Territories – due out in October 2018 with University of Chicago Press.
As many people will recognise, the image is a detail of ‘the Ditchley Portrait‘ of Queen Elizabeth at the National Portrait Gallery.
Here’s the table of contents:
Introduction: Shakespearean Territories
- Divided Territory: The Geo-politics of King Lear
- Vulnerable Territories: Regional Geopolitics in Hamlet and Macbeth
- The Territories: Majesty and Possession in King John
- Economic Territories: Laws, Economies, Agriculture and Banishment in Richard II
- Legal Territories: Conquest and Contest in Henry V and Edward III
- Colonial Territories: From The Tempest to the Eastern Mediterranean
- Measuring Territories: The Techniques of Rule
- Corporeal Territories: The Political Bodies of
View original post 17 more words